Matt is the college hockey reporter for Forum Communications and the News Tribune in Duluth, Minnesota covering the University of Minnesota Duluth NCAA Division I men's and women's hockey programs, which are members of the National Collegiate Hockey Conference and Western Collegiate Hockey Association, respectively. Matt also covers the NCAA Division III men's and women's hockey programs at the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth and at the University of Wisconsin-Superior.
In addition to college hockey Matt fills in covering the Minnesota Wilderness of the North American Hockey League, Minnesota Wild of the National Hockey League and Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League.
Prior to coming to Duluth in 2014, Matt covered Northern Michigan University's NCAA Division I men's hockey program in Marquette, Michigan from 2004-2007 and 2011-2014 for a variety of media outlets including The Mining Journal, USCHO.com and local radio networks.
North Dakota Newspaper Association
• Sports Reporting Series (2007), second place.
• Sports Column (2007), honorable mention.
Wisconsin Newspaper Association
• Sports News Story (2009), first place.
• Sports News Story (2010), third place.
Michigan Associated Press Media Editors
• Best Sustained Coverage of a Single Sports Event (2014), third place.
Michigan Press Association
• Sports Column Writing (2011), third place.
• Most Innovative Story Telling (2013), third place.
CLIPS FROM DULUTHNEWSTRIBUNE.COM